CBT for Adult ADHD
Start Date: 3rd October 2023
Session Times: 8pm
Cost: €320 for 8 Sessions (€40 per session)
The program is run on our new Thriving Divergent platform so you will be redirected to purchase there.
The evidence-based programme is specifically adapted for adults with ADHD. The course focuses on learning skills that been proven to help with specific challenges associated with ADHD. The aim of the course is to collaboratively implement effective and practical coping strategies. In addition to learning skills, participants will learn to modify thoughts and beliefs that may be impeding them in everyday life. The course may be part of a multi modal approach, unique to each participants specific challenges.
The core symptoms of ADHD that many experience difficulties with such as executive functioning skills, planning, organization of thoughts, task initiation and completion, impulsivity and emotional regulation can impact many areas of life such as work, school, home life, parenting and relationships.
The 8-week course aims to illustrate to participants that positive change is possible and understanding your own ADHD is key in developing coping skills. Participants may gain confidence through seeing results and apply their learning to other areas in their life affected by ADHD.
Psychoeducation on the subject is necessary for each participant to see positive results and equally how ADHD impacts their life are key components to the course. Group discussions, and practice assignments enable participants to promote change and implement strategies useful in day to day life situations leading to improved daily functioning and wellbeing.
“I found that your CBT sessions quite literally changed my life because they changed my thoughts. I can never express how vital this discovery was to me, I am so glad that our paths crossed and am very grateful to you Jane 🙏🙏🙏”
What we cover
- An understanding of their ADHD and identify how it uniquely affects them.
- Learn to modify behaviours and learn coping strategies to improve day to day functioning.
- Address procrastination, time management and other common difficulties and learn the skills to manage time, prioritising and planning tasks making them more manageable
- How to set up and maintain an organisational system unique to each individual
- How to overcome and identify self-defeating thoughts, emotions and expectations of failure as a result of previous setbacks that can interfere with the implementation of effective coping strategies
- Noticing behavioural patterns that interfere with the strategies and learn proactive steps to adapt and change the outcome
- Gain an understanding that how we feel is not always how the world is and how this effects our behaviour and the view we have of ourselves
What is included
- 8 live sessions including discussion time with Jane
- Printable workbooks & slides for each week’s sessions
- Printable resources for all the tools recommended
- Class replays & notes
- Lifetime access to our community so you always have a place to seek advice and stay connected with like-minded people
- All future updates to the course, we update it every time we run it with new information, resources and research.
Download Jan 23 Course Brochure
Or View Brochure Online:
**You do not need to have a formal diagnosis of ADHD to participate!**
We are excited to invite you to book your place on our new program website – www.thrivingdivergent.com. It has long been our dream to create a hub of high-impact, supportive and ADHD-specific programs for the Adult ADHD community.